Accounts Receivable Specialist
For over 30 years, Preferred Home Health Care & Nursing Services has been providing compassionate and dependable medical and non-medical home health care services throughout New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware. Through our quality care, we help our clients with the medical, physical, and emotional strain that comes when home health care is needed the most. Preferred is currently hiring an accounts receivable specialist for our Eatontown, NJ office.
Duties of Position
The accounts receivable specialist is responsible for creating invoices, responding to invoice inquiries, managing claims corrections, and completing collection-related projects.
Responsibilities of Position
- Addresses all outstanding claims within 45 days of creation and/or sooner if the claim is denied prior to 45 days
- Works directly with branches to resolve questions related to invoicing and/or necessary adjustments to accounts receivable
- Ensures all weekly billing processes are completed in a timely manner
- Responds to internal and external customer inquiries, analyzes research, and solves problems
- Works on collection-related projects as needed
- Responds quickly and efficiently to branch inquiries with focus on issue resolution
- Performs other duties as assigned in a professional manner
- Position could be stressful in terms of meeting deadlines
- Requires minimal lifting of office records and printouts
- High school diploma required; advanced degree preferred
- Must be fluent in, and have experience in: account receivable collections and the life cycle of a claim once created; reading/understanding explanation of benefits; and creating and submitting claims appeals via paper and/or payer portal
- Must be comfortable with learning and utilizing all payer-related portals for claims status and reconsiderations
- Must be knowledgeable of payer retractions and how to handle them effectively
- Customer service-oriented and demonstrates good relationship-building skills
- Focused, investigative, and highly detail-oriented in nature
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- A willingness to learn and grow are required; must demonstrate a team mentality
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our clients, employees and their families, and our communities. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company pursuant to applicable law.