For over 30 years, Preferred Home Health Care & Nursing Services has been providing compassionate and dependable medical and non-medical home health care services throughout New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware. Through our quality care, we help our clients with the medical, physical, and emotional strain that comes when home health care is needed the most.
Preferred is hiring an HR recruiter for the Philadelphia area. In addition to recruiting field staff, including nurses and home health aides, this individual will be responsible for maintaining compliance of employee records with all federal and state regulations and Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP) standards.
Duties of Position
Responsible for the human resources department and overseeing all personnel issues within the branch office.
Responsibilities of Position
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection of employees based on applicant credentials and qualifications, including training and licensure
- Uses a consistent and non-discriminating process to select employees as follows:
- Conducts personal interviews with all applicants at the time of recruitment and selection
- Obtains two written or verbal employment references and job history
- Verifies education, experience, training, and license or certification, as appropriate to job responsibilities
- Selects and employs qualified individuals
- Coordinates an orientation program for all new employees, including an introduction to the organization, staff, and employee rules and responsibilities
- Ensures that all employees meet their required mandatory training and keeps records of in-services
- Ensures that all employees are meeting the performance expectations stated in their job descriptions by communicating with supervisors
- Ensures that all employees are in compliance with the mandatory requirements for employment
- Maintains strict professional ethics, confidentiality, and privacy
- Position may be stressful in terms of meeting deadlines
- High call volume
- May require minimal lifting of office records and printouts
- A college degree is preferred
- Three years of recruiting, human resources, or equivalent experience is preferred
- Experience in health care preferred
- Customer service-oriented
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload, manage multiple priorities, and pay meticulous attention to detail
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our clients, employees and their families, and our communities. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company pursuant to applicable law.