For over 30 years, Preferred Home Health Care & Nursing Services has been providing compassionate and dependable medical and non-medical home health care services throughout New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware. Through our quality care, we help our clients with the medical, physical, and emotional strain that comes when home health care is needed the most.
Preferred is hiring a junior staff accountant. Reporting to the accounting manager, the junior staff accountant will be responsible for all day-to-day accounting functions for our various divisions. Primary responsibilities include assisting with handling the monthly close process, financial reporting, A/R, A/P, and cash posting. The junior staff accountant will also assist performing financial review analysis and preparing monthly accounting reconciliations, journal entries, and various schedules. Other accounting functions and reporting may be assigned as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
- Assist with timely and accurate preparation of the company’s monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Assist with performing month-end reviews of the P&L and balance sheet to ensure completeness and accuracy. Recognize and act upon inaccurate postings, accruals, and missing expenses
- Perform account analysis, journal entries, and reconciliations as needed
- Assist with internal and external audits as needed
- Assist with cash posting for the various branches
- Perform other duties as assigned in a professional matter
- Position may require the candidate to work from home at times
- Requires minimal lifting of office records and printouts
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or CPA a plus
- A minimum of three years of experience in accounting required
- Ability to meet all month-end deadlines
- Experience with accounting software (NetSuite) a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills